Carers and older persons

The Hub logo | Logo yr Hyb

Help for Older People

Many older people are not claiming all the help that they are entitled to. We can help you do this.

The State Pension is a regular payment from the government most people can claim when they reach State Pension age. The age that you can claim your state pension from the government is changing. Check when you can make a claim and for more information.

Pension Credit – This is extra money you can claim if your state pension and other income is low.

Attendance Allowance – If you have a long term disability or illness, this is extra money available to help with your living costs.

Independent Living Service – The Independent Living Service can help you stay safe and remain living in your own home.

Help for Carers

We can help you get help and support if you’re responsible for looking after someone who has a disability, is getting old or has become ill. This can range from practical help to make day-to-day life easier to benefits like Carer’s Allowance.

Carer’s Allowance – You can claim Carer’s Allowance if you care for someone for at least 35 hours per week, and they get certain benefits.

Be careful as carer’s allowance can affect the benefit of the person you care for and yourself.  If you need help deciding, we can do benefit calculations for you or you can visit Gov.UK for more information on carer’s allowance.

Carers Assessment – If you care for someone, you can have an assessment to see what might help make your life easier.

Money Advice Line 02920 871 071