Grants and Discounts

The Hub logo | Logo yr Hyb

The Money Advice Team can help you get more for your money.

We can help you apply for lots of different Grants and Discounts to help you reduce what you spend so you have more in your pocket at the end of each month.

There are many we can help you apply for including:

Money Advice Line 02920 871 071

Council Tax

There are several reductions and discounts available. We can check which ones you can apply for and help you do so.

Welsh Water Tariffs

If you are on a low income, have a large family or have disabilities or health conditions that mean you use more water, you may qualify for a reduced water bill. We can check if you qualify and help you apply.

If you’re in severe debt with Welsh Water, we can even help you make an application to help reduce what you owe.

Warm Home Discount

Warm Home Discount is a one-off payment of £150 onto your energy account, available if you are on certain benefits. The scheme is changing this year and most people will receive this money automatically.

I don’t know if I am eligible

You can check online: Warm Home Discount Scheme: Overview – GOV.UK (

Or telephone:

Warm Home Discount helpline
Telephone: 0800 107 8002
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm


If you are having trouble heating your home, then the Welsh Government’s NEST scheme can help. They will look at the energy efficiency in your home and will look at ways of improving it. They offer everything from advice to offering insulation or a new boiler depending on your circumstances.

DAF (Discretionary Assistance Fund)

If you are in need of household goods or emergency cash, we can help you apply for help from the Discretionary Assistance Fund. This is a Welsh Government project with decisions usually made within 24 hours for Cash or two weeks for goods and household items.

White Good Schemes

Some utility companies and charitable organisations have schemes which offer white goods to those who are on benefits or are on low income. We can help you look for schemes to help you.

TV Licence

You need a TV Licence to watch or record programmes on a TV, computer or other device. We can help you budget for this and set up a payment plan.