Bank notes and coins

Are you affected by Benefit Cap, size restrictions or have recently started work?

Extra help is available for people who are already receiving Universal Credit with Housing costs, or Housing Benefit, and cannot afford to pay the difference between their benefit and their full rent.

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) are extra money on top of your other benefits for housing costs. An application form is now online at

There is a limited amount of money available, and is for those in greatest need.

If you need help to apply, please call the Advice Line on 029 2087 1071.