While schools are closed, families with children who qualify for Free School Meals can get help differently. You can now have payments for food made directly to your bank account, via Parent Pay. You will receive a letter which tells you how to register.
The voucher scheme is still running for schools and families unable to access parent Pay and if you are self-isolating the Education team can arrange for a food parcel to be delivered to your door for your child/ren.
We are still taking new applications for Free School Meals and you may qualify if you receive any of the benefits below:
- Income Support,
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance,
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance,
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit, or
- Child Tax Credit with an income less than £16,190
- Universal Credit if the net household earnings is less than £7,400.
Please note, that if you receive working tax credit, you will not be able to claim.